Surgery, in any type of form, is a procedure you would likely not trust to just about any doctor. For reasons of safety and comfort, among others, finding the right surgeon is usually the most prudent approach. If you are thinking of having a cosmetic surgery procedure, you probably want the best plastic surgeon Seattle has to offer!
Criteria to consider in choosing
Plastic Surgeons in Seattle
One thing that helps in simplifying searches is to know what you want and expect from a product or service. When it comes to plastic surgery in Seattle, you should be clear about things that are non-negotiable. This way, it would be difficult for you to be swayed by impressive yet dubious or unverifiable information. This may sound like it involves a lot of hard work. But on the contrary, once you have a list of things you expect from a potential plastic surgeon Seattle has in its midst, you would be able to limit your search to those that meet your criteria.
- Experience and ability – Experience does always equate to ability. You have to put more weight on both training and experience together, not separately. Another thing you need to consider is the expertise in the particular procedure you have in mind. Top plastic surgeons in Seattle excelling in facial surgeries may not necessarily have the same level of skills with those that devote more time practicing breast augmentations and vice versa.
- Board-certified – The field of plastic surgery is highly competitive. Understandably, the growing demand for cosmetic surgeries further opened opportunities for doctors. Credentials are increasingly becoming a selling point. For good reasons, since they are usually used by potential clients as a measure of the surgeons’ abilities. Being board-certified is one of the first things you should look for in plastic surgeon Seattle has. Sadly, it is not impossible for unscrupulous individuals to entice you with bogus board certifications. To avoid falling prey to false claims or schemes, make sure that you check if they are board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- ASAPS membership – If you are thinking of getting cosmetic surgery, you can check if your prospective surgeon is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Once you have checked that the plastic surgeon is a member, you can rest assured that he or she is also ABPS-certified. Further, an ASAP membership may also suggest substantial training and experience since the organization has their own system of checking and verifying credentials of their members.
- Accredited facility – A plastic surgeon may or may not perform the procedure in a hospital. Regardless of where the surgeon plans to operate, make sure that you ask if he or she has hospital privileges and if the facility where the surgery will be performed has the proper accreditation.
- Transparency – Honesty and transparency are good indicators of a plastic surgeon’s trustworthiness. With so many competent plastic surgeons to choose from, sometimes, it may all boil down to who you feel most comfortable with. Keep in mind that cosmetic surgery is a major decision that may involve substantial costs or fees, post-surgical care, and recovery period. You should be able to confidently ask questions and openly discuss benefits as well as potential risks.
If you would like more information, simply head to our home page at Plastic surgeon in Seattle.